How to find us coming from Auckland: The fastest way from Auckland ( Harbour Bridge) is over State Highway 1 up to Pakaraka (after Kawakawa and Morewa) follow the State Highway 10, past Kerikeri, Kaeo to Mangonui. Auckland – Mangonui 310 km. It takes you about 4 to 5 hours.
Mangonui - Cable Bay: From the turn-off to Mangonui, follow SH 10 to Coopers beach. Continue to Cable Bay. Cross small bridge & opposite the rest area turn left up driveway 200m to top of hill. Driveway before the Dairy with the big Ice cream on the roof. (300m after Cable Bay sign).
Things to do and see on the way up north
- Tourist Road: Mangawhai / Waipu, It takes about 10km longer then SH 1. On your way, Smashed Pipi (nice Cafe) Waipu (historic town and Museum) - former Scottish settlement) Beautiful Surf beaches.
- Whangarei Harbour, visit the Clock Museum, have a bite to eat or have a stroll
- Kawakawa: Hundertwasser toilets
- Bay of Islands : it is a detour about 14km longer then on Nr. 1
- Kerikeri: Stonehouse & Mission House; there are Art Shops and nice Cafes.
- Tourist road: Matauri Bay, offers nice views! It takes you about 1 hour longer. OR
- Puketi Forest : with mature Kauri trees, calculate about 1 hour more for this road
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further directions... Click Here for the Distance Calculator
E-mail Carneval Holiday Home for more information